Did you know that certain vehicles are mandated in Manitoba to be safety inspected every 12 months? That’s right, in order to keep our roads safe and to identify potentially dangerous vehicles before they take to the road, Manitoba has implemented a vehicle safety inspection program. If your vehicle is in one of the categories listed below, you need to get a COI (Certificate of Inspection) each year:
- Trucks over 4,500 kg GVWR.
- Truck tractors under 21,953 kg GVWR.
- Truck tractors registered for farm use, over 21,953 kg GVWR.
- Trailers with a GVWR of 4,500kg or more (except RV or farm trailers).
- Buses operated by non-profit organizations or churches.
- Semi trailers or trailer converted dollies.
For the purpose of ensuring that all vehicles operated on public roads meet established safety standards, the Manitoba Government requires each vehicle be taken to a licensed inspection station periodically for a safety inspection. Safety issues such as brakes, tires, lights, steering, suspension, and body integrity are included in the safety inspection.
The Diesel Service Centre at Western Turbo is a licensed Manitoba Public Insurance Inspection Station, with technicians on staff who will perform a full safety inspection on your vehicle. Book your next inspection with us.